July 27 - August 4, 2013
Feather River Camp
Stay 4 or 8 nights
"Camp It Up! has been a powerful and important summer tradition for my 24-year old daughter since she was four. She grew up there and is now a Senior Counselor sharing her love of CIU with a new generation of youngsters. The love and support from a community of alternative families have helped make her the beautiful, caring and talented young woman that she is. Thank you."¯
|Camp It Up!
Each of us has a story to tell, victories to share, a life to be proud of. This year, we’ll all get to share our stories, to talk and play intergenerationally, to learn about the ways each of us is a hero and to celebrate our accomplishments, the things that make us different and special, and our communal values.
This is a “getting-to-know-you” year, with our own Pride Parade and a wide variety of activities planned to honor each of us individually and communally. Of course, we’ll make it fun and campy. So bring yourself, your story, your family to stand up and speak out, to swim and laugh and dance and enjoy the blue skies, fresh air, the mountains and trees and sparkling Spanish Creek for our 24th year of Camp It Up!
There’s always something to do at Camp, with a variety of programs and activities for children, adults and families in:
- Visual and creative arts (jewelry-making, tie-dye, fimo, shrinky-dinks, silk-painting)
- Theater (Camp musical, talent show, workshops)
- Sports (softball, swimming, Capture the Flag, hiking, biking, our very own “Family Flotilla”)
- Outdoor education (river walks, star-gazing, night hikes)
- Healing arts (Family Spa and Salon, Massage, Yoga)
- Carpentry and Specialty Crafts:(beautiful and useful objets d’art for you to treasure at home)
- Activities that absolutely defy being categorized (hair coloring, “Disco Bingo“, Casino Night, Sushi-making, "The House Beautiful Tour", making hula hoops)
- Our Children's Program includes nine age-clustered children's groups including two special groups for teens. Our Specialists, who work with both children and adults in Art, Dance, Music, Drama and Sports, are assisted by “camper-teachers” who offer specialized programs in such things as Afro-Latin drumming and photography.
While activities are offered from early morning through the evening, they are all optional.